Saturday, September 23, 2017

Spotlight On...Ice Planet Barbarian standalones by Ruby Dixon

I make no effort to hide my utter and undying love for Ruby Dixon's Ice Planet Barbarians series. It's campy and fun and it has aliens with special anatomical differences. I seriously adore it. Seriously.

BUT...it's a big series. BIG series. Book 17 came out this month and for anyone who's slipping into the series late, that can be a wee bit intimidating.

GOOD NEWS, GUYS! The IPB series has two books that work as spin-offs/standalones. So if you're looking to try the series before fully committing (although I highly recommend just starting at the beginning and digging into all the alien-y goodness), these are the books you want to pick up...

 Prison Planet Barbarian by Ruby Dixon
Prison Planet Barbarian (Ice Planet Barbarians #14)
Being kidnapped by aliens is one thing.

Being kidnapped by aliens and then sent to a prison planet is something infinitely worse.

Here in Haven's prison system, I'm stranded among strangers, enemies, and the most ruthless criminals in the galaxy. There's no safety for a human woman here, especially not one branded as a murderer. I'm doomed to a fate worse than death.

Then...he decides I should be his. His name's Jutari. He's seven feet tall, blue, and horned. He's an assassin and one of the most dangerous prisoners here. He's like no one I've ever met before...and he might be my only chance.

This story stands completely alone and is only marginally connected to the Ice Planet Barbarians series. You do not need to read those books in order to follow this one.

 The Corsair's Captive by Ruby Dixon
The Corsair's Captive (Ice Planet Barbarians #17)
A pirate doesn’t ask for permission - he takes.

When I see the delicate human female collared and enslaved by the smuggler I’m about to swindle, I do what any male would do.

I take her from him. It’s what I do best, after all.

Now Fran’s mine, and I’m never giving her up. On board my spaceship, she’ll be safe. She’ll wear my clothes, eat my food, and sleep in my bed. I’ll keep her safe from a galaxy that wishes her harm.

But my sweet Fran wants nothing more than to return to Earth. How can I take her home when she holds my heart in her dainty, four-fingered hands?

This story stands completely alone and is only marginally connected to the Ice Planet Barbarians series and Prison Planet Barbarian. You do not need to read those books in order to follow this one.
Ruby Dixon
Website | Amazon |

No comments:

Post a Comment